Dessert fans will love these macaron ice cream sandwiches launching in Norwich
- Credit: macarons and more
If you love macarons and ice cream you won't want to miss out on a new sweet treat launching in Norwich this week.
Dr Tim Kinnaird of Macarons & More and Joel Large from East Coast Gelato have come together to produce the perfect summer dessert - the macaron ice cream sandwich.
Available in Macarons & More's Royal Arcade store from Friday, May 25, the Instagram-worthy snack has been in the works for a while.
Dr Kinnaird said: 'We have been working on a gelato ice cream sandwich with Joel from East Coast Gelato in Hunstanton. Joel came on a macaron course last year and we got talking. We have a lot of shared experience in terms of making sweet things.
'He has been really helpful to me in pointing out different ingredients, suppliers and techniques and he is making the gelato we are using to fill the large macarons.
'The flavours will be chocolate, pistachio crunch, vanilla, salted caramel and raspberry ripple.'
He added: 'They are probably one of the most delicious things we have ever made. We are really proud of them and can't wait for folks to try them this summer.'
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
As well as the macaron ice cream sandwich, the shop will also be selling their own version of soft serve ice cream, which they think of as a 'luxury' take on Mr Whippy.
'Instead of cartons of mix, we have developed our own recipe from scratch,' said Dr Kinnaird. 'It has been really hard work to get the texture and taste right, but I am so happy with it.
'The flavour is based on Madagascan vanilla but we added a secret mix of other delicious cake-based ingredients. It tastes of freshly baked sponge cake, mixed with a bit of salted caramel and vanilla.'
If this weren't enough Macarons & More are also going to be developing a range of toppings for the ice cream, including a salted caramel and chocolate sauce and a macaron crunch to be sprinkled over it.
Prices start at £4.20 for the ice cream sandwich and £3.75 for a tub of soft serve.
• Will you be trying these new offerings from Macarons & More? Let us know in the comments below.