M&S reopens 49 cafes across UK for takeaway hot drinks
Retailer Marks and Spencer is to reopen some of its cafes including one in Norwich from Thursday.
The firm said it had taken the decision to reopen the sites to takeaway customers after operating social distancing and extra hygiene measures in its stores.
The only one to reopen in Norfolk will be the one in the Simply Food store, Sweetbriar Road retail park.
The announcement comes as cafe chains, such as Pret A Manger and Caffe Nero, reopen sites for takeaway customers.
M&S said its reopening plan came after a trial at five locations after preparing “rigorous guidance for colleagues.” Plastic screens are at each cafe till and only one staff member would work behind a counter at a time to ensure social distancing.
You may also want to watch:
Customers are encouraged to use contactless payment.
For more updates on coronavirus see the Facebook page here
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 10 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work