Norwich market stall to sell battered wedding cake on Harry and Meghan’s big day
- Credit: barclay gray
If you're looking for a quirky way to celebrate the upcoming royal wedding, you'll want to visit Norwich Market this weekend.
Popular fish and chip stall, Lucy's Chips will be marking the occasion by selling battered wedding cake on Saturday, May 19.
The battered fruit cake will cost £1 and is topped with an edible Harry and Meghan butterfly.
If this weren't enough Barclay Gray, co-owner of Lucy's said the stall will be decked out in flags and bunting.
He added: 'Myself and my staff will be wearing inflatable crowns and Harry and Meghan masks, all for fun to celebrate this special day.'
In December 2017, Lucy's Fish and Chips received national recognition in the form of the Fish and Chip Quality Award from the National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF).
As well as battered wedding cake, the business has previously offered battered mince pies and Christmas puddings, as well as battered creme eggs.
- 1 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 6 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 7 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 10 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
• Would you try battered wedding cake? Let us know in the comments below.