Norwich market stall to sell battered wedding cake on Harry and Meghan’s big day
- Credit: barclay gray
If you're looking for a quirky way to celebrate the upcoming royal wedding, you'll want to visit Norwich Market this weekend.
Popular fish and chip stall, Lucy's Chips will be marking the occasion by selling battered wedding cake on Saturday, May 19.
The battered fruit cake will cost £1 and is topped with an edible Harry and Meghan butterfly.
If this weren't enough Barclay Gray, co-owner of Lucy's said the stall will be decked out in flags and bunting.
He added: 'Myself and my staff will be wearing inflatable crowns and Harry and Meghan masks, all for fun to celebrate this special day.'
You may also want to watch:
In December 2017, Lucy's Fish and Chips received national recognition in the form of the Fish and Chip Quality Award from the National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF).
As well as battered wedding cake, the business has previously offered battered mince pies and Christmas puddings, as well as battered creme eggs.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
• Would you try battered wedding cake? Let us know in the comments below.