Norwich market stall to sell battered wedding cake on Harry and Meghan’s big day
- Credit: barclay gray
If you're looking for a quirky way to celebrate the upcoming royal wedding, you'll want to visit Norwich Market this weekend.
Popular fish and chip stall, Lucy's Chips will be marking the occasion by selling battered wedding cake on Saturday, May 19.
The battered fruit cake will cost £1 and is topped with an edible Harry and Meghan butterfly.
If this weren't enough Barclay Gray, co-owner of Lucy's said the stall will be decked out in flags and bunting.
He added: 'Myself and my staff will be wearing inflatable crowns and Harry and Meghan masks, all for fun to celebrate this special day.'
In December 2017, Lucy's Fish and Chips received national recognition in the form of the Fish and Chip Quality Award from the National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF).
As well as battered wedding cake, the business has previously offered battered mince pies and Christmas puddings, as well as battered creme eggs.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 6 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
• Would you try battered wedding cake? Let us know in the comments below.