Lucky Glenn scoops £1,000 in Evening News competition
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket worker Glenn Davison was taken aback when he learned he had scooped £1,000 in an Evening News competition.
The 49-year-old, of Norwich, said he was surprised when he answered the phone and discovered he had won.
Readers had collected six special tokens printed in their Evening News, answered a quiz question and sent them in to us as part of the Win A Grand promotion.
'I don't normally enter competitions that much, but something just told me to enter this time,' he said. 'When I first heard that I'd won I was quite taken aback.
'I don't often win things.
You may also want to watch:
'I've got two disabled children so I will definitely spend it on them.
'I love seeing them smile. I will make them happy.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 5 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 6 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 10 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
Mr Davison's entry was one of almost 1,000 sent in to the Evening News.