Lucky Glenn scoops £1,000 in Evening News competition
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket worker Glenn Davison was taken aback when he learned he had scooped £1,000 in an Evening News competition.
The 49-year-old, of Norwich, said he was surprised when he answered the phone and discovered he had won.
Readers had collected six special tokens printed in their Evening News, answered a quiz question and sent them in to us as part of the Win A Grand promotion.
'I don't normally enter competitions that much, but something just told me to enter this time,' he said. 'When I first heard that I'd won I was quite taken aback.
'I don't often win things.
You may also want to watch:
'I've got two disabled children so I will definitely spend it on them.
'I love seeing them smile. I will make them happy.'
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Mr Davison's entry was one of almost 1,000 sent in to the Evening News.