Long Stratton firm supplies Irish hockey kits
Sam WilliamsA Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.Sam Williams
A Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.
Long Stratton-based Samurai Sportswear was chosen to deliver new match and off-field kits which will be worn for the first time in by the Irish national women's team in the world cup qualifiers in Chile.
The squad is set to fly to Chile this weekend after their original travel dates were delayed because of chaos caused by ash from the Icelandic volcano, where they will compete against the Scotland, Australia and Malaysian teams and the hosts.
The new kit was launched last weekend as the Irish Hockey Association (IHA) announced the partnership with Samurai.
You may also want to watch:
The company, founded by former England rugby sevens manager Terry Sands in 1998, employs about 200, including 35 in Long Stratton, and supplies products to a broad range of rugby and other sports teams.
Its clients include Dutch, Tunisian and Croation national rugby teams, Welsh Rugby League and a number of rugby league teams.
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 4 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 5 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
- 6 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 7 Photos show progress made on new £2.75m recycling centre in Norwich
- 8 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 9 Woman who stole from vulnerable woman has to pay back £2000
- 10 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
Samurai managing director Terry Sands said: 'We are proud to be the official kit suppliers to the IHA.
'Our partnership enables us to work with top sporting professionals in developing state-of-the-art products for on and off-field activities.'