Long Stratton firm supplies Irish hockey kits
Sam WilliamsA Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.Sam Williams
A Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.
Long Stratton-based Samurai Sportswear was chosen to deliver new match and off-field kits which will be worn for the first time in by the Irish national women's team in the world cup qualifiers in Chile.
The squad is set to fly to Chile this weekend after their original travel dates were delayed because of chaos caused by ash from the Icelandic volcano, where they will compete against the Scotland, Australia and Malaysian teams and the hosts.
The new kit was launched last weekend as the Irish Hockey Association (IHA) announced the partnership with Samurai.
You may also want to watch:
The company, founded by former England rugby sevens manager Terry Sands in 1998, employs about 200, including 35 in Long Stratton, and supplies products to a broad range of rugby and other sports teams.
Its clients include Dutch, Tunisian and Croation national rugby teams, Welsh Rugby League and a number of rugby league teams.
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 5 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 6 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 7 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'
Samurai managing director Terry Sands said: 'We are proud to be the official kit suppliers to the IHA.
'Our partnership enables us to work with top sporting professionals in developing state-of-the-art products for on and off-field activities.'