Long Stratton firm supplies Irish hockey kits
Sam WilliamsA Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.Sam Williams
A Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.
Long Stratton-based Samurai Sportswear was chosen to deliver new match and off-field kits which will be worn for the first time in by the Irish national women's team in the world cup qualifiers in Chile.
The squad is set to fly to Chile this weekend after their original travel dates were delayed because of chaos caused by ash from the Icelandic volcano, where they will compete against the Scotland, Australia and Malaysian teams and the hosts.
The new kit was launched last weekend as the Irish Hockey Association (IHA) announced the partnership with Samurai.
You may also want to watch:
The company, founded by former England rugby sevens manager Terry Sands in 1998, employs about 200, including 35 in Long Stratton, and supplies products to a broad range of rugby and other sports teams.
Its clients include Dutch, Tunisian and Croation national rugby teams, Welsh Rugby League and a number of rugby league teams.
- 1 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 2 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 3 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 4 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 5 'Freedom Day' Hindu wedding in Norwich watched by 5m plus people
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 10 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
Samurai managing director Terry Sands said: 'We are proud to be the official kit suppliers to the IHA.
'Our partnership enables us to work with top sporting professionals in developing state-of-the-art products for on and off-field activities.'