Long Stratton firm supplies Irish hockey kits
Sam WilliamsA Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.Sam Williams
A Norfolk sportswear company has secured a new deal to supply kit for the Irish Hockey Association.
Long Stratton-based Samurai Sportswear was chosen to deliver new match and off-field kits which will be worn for the first time in by the Irish national women's team in the world cup qualifiers in Chile.
The squad is set to fly to Chile this weekend after their original travel dates were delayed because of chaos caused by ash from the Icelandic volcano, where they will compete against the Scotland, Australia and Malaysian teams and the hosts.
The new kit was launched last weekend as the Irish Hockey Association (IHA) announced the partnership with Samurai.
The company, founded by former England rugby sevens manager Terry Sands in 1998, employs about 200, including 35 in Long Stratton, and supplies products to a broad range of rugby and other sports teams.
Its clients include Dutch, Tunisian and Croation national rugby teams, Welsh Rugby League and a number of rugby league teams.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 6 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 7 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 8 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 9 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 10 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
Samurai managing director Terry Sands said: 'We are proud to be the official kit suppliers to the IHA.
'Our partnership enables us to work with top sporting professionals in developing state-of-the-art products for on and off-field activities.'