Lock it or lose it, police warn Norwich cyclists
Jon WelchPolice in Norwich will be warning cyclists to 'lock it or lose it' at an event in the city this week.Officers from West Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team will be at Eaton Park on Sunday to give security and safety advice.Jon Welch
Police in Norwich will be warning cyclists to 'lock it or lose it' at an event in the city this week.
Officers from West Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team will be at Eaton Park on Sunday to give security and safety advice.
Police will be joined by sponsors Mandarin Cycles and Cycle Guard UK, other retailers, cycle clubs and Heart FM. Cyclists will be able to take advantage of reduced rates on cycle security items, and some retailers will be doing minor adjustments or repairs for free,
A prize draw will be held for all those who take part, with the chance to win four brand new family bikes.
You may also want to watch:
In the last six months almost 530 bikes have been stolen from Norwich city centre.
PC Scott Malcolmson from West Centre SNT said: 'This event, in partnership with Heart FM and sponsored by Mandarin Cycles, is a great opportunity for Norfolk Constabulary to highlight the need for cyclists in Norwich to secure their property properly. If a pedal cycle is clearly locked up it is more likely opportunist thieves will think twice about stealing it.'
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 7 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 10 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror