Local designers revamp boutique in Norwich
Norfolk fashion designers are being snapped up by independent retailers as buying local becomes increasingly cool. Antidote is the latest shop to offer local fashion fayre. Emma Harrowing finds out what is on offer.
In an ever-changing retail environment keeping up with the latest trends is a key to success and it seems that local designers are leading the way when it comes to creating the latest buzz among the independent shops in Norwich.
Ethika on Pottergate and Verandah on Upper St Giles both support local fashion and textile designers with an array of products made in Norwich and Norfolk in stock.
Owner of fashion boutique Poppy Valentine in the Royal Arcade, Claire Read makes her own vintage-inspired clothes to sell in the shop alongside accessories and jewellery from designers such as Florie Willow from Lowestoft, and Arts Desire on St Benedict's has recently introduced Norwich jewellery designer Pin Pin Finds to its ever-expanding portfolio of local stockists.
When Jarrold introduced locally-made beauty products to its Skin Spa a few years ago it was because beauty buyer Suzi Abel had noticed that people longed to buy locally produced products in a world that was becoming increasingly eco-minded.
You may also want to watch:
In 2012 this ethic still applies, which is why vintage boutique Antidote Vintage has had a bit of a revamp and last week introduced a plethora of locally designed pieces alongside a revamped vintage offering.
'The shop needed a bit of an update so what better time than to start selling vintage and retro inspired pieces made by some of Norfolk's talented clothing and jewellery artisans,' says owner Anne Moore.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 6 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 7 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 8 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
'The boutique now appeals to those that love vintage, retro and locally-produced products.'
See some of the new items at Antidote made by local designers by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.