Vision unveiled for 5,000 new homes
This artist's impression shows how neighbourhoods in a new community of up to 5,000 homes to the north of Norwich could look.
The images have been released by developers as they hold a series of workshops over proposals for homes in Broadland stretching over 200 hectares in Sprowston, Beeston St Andrew, Old Catton and Spixworth.
The London-based developers are working with a consortium of landowners including the Beeston Estate, the Morley Agricultural Foundation, the Alderman Norman Foundation and Norfolk County Council on the 25-year blueprint. They say their development will consist of proper communities and green spaces, without swamping the countryside and yesterday invited stakeholders such as businesses, councillors and other organisations to have their say on their vision.
At the weekend members of the public can head to an exhibition and workshops at Sprowston Parish Council in Recreation Ground Road, from 10am until 5pm on Saturday and from 11pm until 5pm on Sunday.
Jonathan Smales, pictured, executive chairman of Beyond Green, said 'This is a unique opportunity to create a place that delivers an excellent quality of life with perhaps the lowest carbon footprint in Europe. We've been delighted by the level of engagement from local stakeholders and residents in our project so far and we're looking forward to the next stage.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm looking forward to hearing what local people want the homes, jobs, parks, schools, streets and transport of the future to be like and working with them to review our initial designs and help shape and refine them before they're taken to the next level of detail'.
While anyone can attend the weekend exhibitions, people who want to take part in the workshops should email broadland@beyond green.co.uk or call 0207 549 2184.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale