See the city centre roads closed on Saturday
- Credit: Ian Burt
The Lord Mayor's Celebrations will be taking over Norwich city centre on Saturday. This will mean road closures throughout the day.
Below is a list of all roads closed in the city centre on Saturday, according to the City Council's visual map.
A council spokesman said the road re-openings will be 'rolling' during the parade, happening as and when it is safe to do so.
Our Lord Mayor's Celebration coverage is sponsored by First Eastern Counties.
9am-11pm: St Peter's Street between City Hall and the market.
You may also want to watch:
7am Saturday to 1am Sunday: Westlegate, Malthouse Road, Rampant Horse Street, Theatre Street, William Booth Street, Haymarket, Gentleman's Walk, Lower Goat Lane, St John Maddermarket, Lobster Lane.
3pm-7pm: Chapelfield Road and Queen's Road near to the St Stephens Street roundabout. St Stephens Road, Victoria Street, St Stephens Square, Benjamin Gooch Way, Wessex Street, Crooks Place, Bristol Terrace, Kingsley Road.
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 7 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 8 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 9 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 10 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
3pm-11pm: St Stephens Street, Surrey Street, Red Lion Street, Orford Street, Timber Hill, White Lion Street, Castle Meadow, Arcade Street, Back of the Inns, Davey Place, London Street, Castle Street, Bedford Street, Opie Street, St Andrew's Hill, Chapelfield East and North, Chantry Road.
3.30pm-8pm: Whitefriars, Fishergate, Wensum Street, Bishopgate, St Martin at Palace Plain, Palace Street, Tombland, Upper Kings Street, Agricultrual Hall Plain, Redwell Street, Bank Street, Queen Street, St Andrew Street.
11am-11pm: Gaol Hill, Exchange Street.
10.20pm-10.45pm: Market Avenue.
18 Konnect Bus services are affected, including the number five and the park and ride.
From 2.15pm all Sanders bus services will be leaving the city centrre from the bus station only.
To see a visual map of the road closures visit the City Council website here.
For live traffic updates see our map.