Queen’s Hills traffic chaos - a 12-minute journey took me an hour
- Credit: Archant
Maria Hilton, 36, is expecting her third child in just two months.
But she and husband Chris, who live on Pochard Drive in Queen's Hills, are already worried about how they will get to hospital once her waters break – because of the congested traffic on the estate.
'This whole situation makes me feel frustrated and angry,' she said.
'I am very concerned that if I go into labour I won't be able to get off the estate to hospital.
'My midwife has told me that if I get stuck in traffic that I should just call an ambulance from my car. But then I would be taking an ambulance away from someone who might urgently need it.'
You may also want to watch:
Two weeks ago Mrs Hilton needed to take her five-year-old son Lucas to hospital after he hit his head at school.
Yet instead of a 12-minute journey to travel five miles to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital – the journey took one hour.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
'My whole day is based around leaving the estate, it's just ridiculous,' she said.
'If you haven't left by four o'clock every day then you can't go out until 7pm, and it seems to be getting worse.'
The Evening News has launched a campaign to get a second exit at the housing estate. You call tell us about your experiences below.