Queen’s Hills traffic chaos - a 12-minute journey took me an hour
- Credit: Archant
Maria Hilton, 36, is expecting her third child in just two months.
But she and husband Chris, who live on Pochard Drive in Queen's Hills, are already worried about how they will get to hospital once her waters break – because of the congested traffic on the estate.
'This whole situation makes me feel frustrated and angry,' she said.
'I am very concerned that if I go into labour I won't be able to get off the estate to hospital.
'My midwife has told me that if I get stuck in traffic that I should just call an ambulance from my car. But then I would be taking an ambulance away from someone who might urgently need it.'
Two weeks ago Mrs Hilton needed to take her five-year-old son Lucas to hospital after he hit his head at school.
Yet instead of a 12-minute journey to travel five miles to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital – the journey took one hour.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 5 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
- 10 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
'My whole day is based around leaving the estate, it's just ridiculous,' she said.
'If you haven't left by four o'clock every day then you can't go out until 7pm, and it seems to be getting worse.'
The Evening News has launched a campaign to get a second exit at the housing estate. You call tell us about your experiences below.