Key Norwich City match day route to re-open this week - but not in time for Hull City game
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A key match-day route is due to re-open to Norwich City fans and the public at the end of the week.
A £250,000 repair project for the Novi Sad Friendship Bridge is nearing completion, with the footbridge due to re-open on Friday, March 15.
The bridge, which crosses the River Wensum and caters for pedestrians and cyclists, has been closed since Monday, January 14 for crucial repairs.
In this period, the Canaries have played five home games, with a sixth to be played on Wednesday evening against Hull City.
The project has seen the ramp strengthened, steel edges re-fixed and resurfacing of the footway.
You may also want to watch:
A County Hall spokesman said: 'Novi Sad Friendship bridge is set to reopen on schedule as the current work nears completion.
'The popular walking and cycle link is due to re-open to the public on Friday with finished touches to the project being carried out over the next few weeks.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 8 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance