Key Norwich City match day route to re-open this week - but not in time for Hull City game
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A key match-day route is due to re-open to Norwich City fans and the public at the end of the week.
A £250,000 repair project for the Novi Sad Friendship Bridge is nearing completion, with the footbridge due to re-open on Friday, March 15.
The bridge, which crosses the River Wensum and caters for pedestrians and cyclists, has been closed since Monday, January 14 for crucial repairs.
In this period, the Canaries have played five home games, with a sixth to be played on Wednesday evening against Hull City.
The project has seen the ramp strengthened, steel edges re-fixed and resurfacing of the footway.
You may also want to watch:
A County Hall spokesman said: 'Novi Sad Friendship bridge is set to reopen on schedule as the current work nears completion.
'The popular walking and cycle link is due to re-open to the public on Friday with finished touches to the project being carried out over the next few weeks.'
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 10 Man seriously injured after crash