Key Norwich City match day route to re-open this week - but not in time for Hull City game
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A key match-day route is due to re-open to Norwich City fans and the public at the end of the week.
A £250,000 repair project for the Novi Sad Friendship Bridge is nearing completion, with the footbridge due to re-open on Friday, March 15.
The bridge, which crosses the River Wensum and caters for pedestrians and cyclists, has been closed since Monday, January 14 for crucial repairs.
In this period, the Canaries have played five home games, with a sixth to be played on Wednesday evening against Hull City.
The project has seen the ramp strengthened, steel edges re-fixed and resurfacing of the footway.
You may also want to watch:
A County Hall spokesman said: 'Novi Sad Friendship bridge is set to reopen on schedule as the current work nears completion.
'The popular walking and cycle link is due to re-open to the public on Friday with finished touches to the project being carried out over the next few weeks.'
- 1 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 2 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 5 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 6 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Norwich City Council Elections 2021 - Labour keep control of City Hall
- 8 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?