Key Norwich City match day route to re-open this week - but not in time for Hull City game
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A key match-day route is due to re-open to Norwich City fans and the public at the end of the week.
A £250,000 repair project for the Novi Sad Friendship Bridge is nearing completion, with the footbridge due to re-open on Friday, March 15.
The bridge, which crosses the River Wensum and caters for pedestrians and cyclists, has been closed since Monday, January 14 for crucial repairs.
In this period, the Canaries have played five home games, with a sixth to be played on Wednesday evening against Hull City.
The project has seen the ramp strengthened, steel edges re-fixed and resurfacing of the footway.
You may also want to watch:
A County Hall spokesman said: 'Novi Sad Friendship bridge is set to reopen on schedule as the current work nears completion.
'The popular walking and cycle link is due to re-open to the public on Friday with finished touches to the project being carried out over the next few weeks.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 8 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage