Thousands could have to vote elsewhere due to Norwich polling station shake-up
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people in Norwich could have to head to a different place to vote when elections next come along, because of a potential shake-up of polling stations.
Norwich City Council is asking people to submit their views on current polling station arrangements.
City Hall s required to complete a full review of all polling districts and polling places every five years, to make sure arrangements are as convenient as possible for any future elections or referendums.
Laura McGillivray, chief executive and returning officer for Norwich City Council, said: "We're asking community groups and individuals to provide as much information as they can about their current polling station, including issues such as location, parking and disability access and whether they are aware of any other suitable premises that could be used for polling duties."
A number of proposals have been put forward, including changes in Bowthorpe, Catton Grove, Eaton, Lakenham, Mancroft, Mile Cross, Nelson, Sewell, Town Close and University wards.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline is Wednesday, July 24 for the initial consultation period and Thursday, August 29 for the final consultation.
Any changes will be presented to a full meeting of council in September to agree.
Further information along with a questionnaire and details about other ways to respond can be found at www.norwich.gov.uk/elections
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 9 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot