Norwich library set for temporary closure
A Norwich library will temporarily close its doors from this weekend so improvements can be made.
Mile Cross Library, in Aylsham Road, will be closed from 4pm on Saturday (January 8) and will reopen at 2pm on Tuesday, January 25.
During the closure, fire safety measures at the library will be upgraded including the installation of a new fire alarm system.
The inside of the library will also be redecorated and improvements made to the layout and shelving.
Books can be borrowed, renewed or returned at any Norfolk County Council library, although the closest ones to Mile Cross Library are Hellesdon, Sprowston and the Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library in Norwich city centre.
You may also want to watch:
Library users can also renew books by telephoning 0344 800 8006 at the cost of a local call, or by logging onto Norfolk County Council's Library Service website www.norlink.norfolk.gov.uk
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 4 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 5 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 6 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 7 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 8 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action