Norwich library set for temporary closure
A Norwich library will temporarily close its doors from this weekend so improvements can be made.
Mile Cross Library, in Aylsham Road, will be closed from 4pm on Saturday (January 8) and will reopen at 2pm on Tuesday, January 25.
During the closure, fire safety measures at the library will be upgraded including the installation of a new fire alarm system.
The inside of the library will also be redecorated and improvements made to the layout and shelving.
Books can be borrowed, renewed or returned at any Norfolk County Council library, although the closest ones to Mile Cross Library are Hellesdon, Sprowston and the Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library in Norwich city centre.
You may also want to watch:
Library users can also renew books by telephoning 0344 800 8006 at the cost of a local call, or by logging onto Norfolk County Council's Library Service website www.norlink.norfolk.gov.uk
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?