Garden waste collections in Norwich suspended due to staff self-isolating
- Credit: Archant
Garden waste will not be collected in Norwich this week due to members of the collection team self-isolating.
Norwich City Council has reported that garden waste collections will be suspended from Monday, February 7 to Friday, February 11.
This is due to several members of the collection crew self-isolating.
A spokesperson from the council said on Twitter: "We apologise for the temporary disruption to the service.
"We'll let affected users know asap about next steps for this service. Bear with us."
Garden waste collection is a pay in advance service costing £54.60 for a 240 litre or £39.90 for a 180 litre brown bin per year - for a fortnightly collection.
If a collection is missed and a bin was left out, then the council will instruct the collection contractor to return and empty the bin as soon as possible.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 3 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 4 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 5 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 6 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 7 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 8 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 9 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 10 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
No refunds will be given for missed collections.
You can then check your collection day online using My Norwich.