Next section of Norwich Northern Distributor Road may still open before Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The next section of the Norwich Northern Distributor Road could still open before Christmas, despite recent weather, council bosses hope.
The stretch from the A1067 Fakenham Road and the A140 Cromer Road opened last month.
Officers at Norfolk County Council are hoping traffic will start using the section from the A140 to the A1151 Wroxham Road next week.
The joint Balfour Beatty and Norfolk County Council construction team agreed that, with better weather forecast, it should be possible to recover from the setbacks caused by the bad weather.
Heavy sleet and hail, followed by a freeze that left the newly-laid surface covered in thick ice on Tuesday, made weather-sensitive tasks and verge works impossible, but conditions are now improving.
You may also want to watch:
A final decision will be made next week, but officers hope it could open on Thursday.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 Man found in city flat named at inquest
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
- 8 Villagers' outrage as trees and hedges axed in ongoing battle
- 9 YOUR REACTION: Should Norwich have a congestion charge?
- 10 Hungry and helpless: Rough sleepers' fears ahead of harsh winter