Next section of Norwich Northern Distributor Road may still open before Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The next section of the Norwich Northern Distributor Road could still open before Christmas, despite recent weather, council bosses hope.
The stretch from the A1067 Fakenham Road and the A140 Cromer Road opened last month.
Officers at Norfolk County Council are hoping traffic will start using the section from the A140 to the A1151 Wroxham Road next week.
The joint Balfour Beatty and Norfolk County Council construction team agreed that, with better weather forecast, it should be possible to recover from the setbacks caused by the bad weather.
Heavy sleet and hail, followed by a freeze that left the newly-laid surface covered in thick ice on Tuesday, made weather-sensitive tasks and verge works impossible, but conditions are now improving.
You may also want to watch:
A final decision will be made next week, but officers hope it could open on Thursday.
- 1 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 10 Police issue urgent appeal for witnesses after sexual assault in Norwich