Next section of Norwich Northern Distributor Road may still open before Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The next section of the Norwich Northern Distributor Road could still open before Christmas, despite recent weather, council bosses hope.
The stretch from the A1067 Fakenham Road and the A140 Cromer Road opened last month.
Officers at Norfolk County Council are hoping traffic will start using the section from the A140 to the A1151 Wroxham Road next week.
The joint Balfour Beatty and Norfolk County Council construction team agreed that, with better weather forecast, it should be possible to recover from the setbacks caused by the bad weather.
Heavy sleet and hail, followed by a freeze that left the newly-laid surface covered in thick ice on Tuesday, made weather-sensitive tasks and verge works impossible, but conditions are now improving.
You may also want to watch:
A final decision will be made next week, but officers hope it could open on Thursday.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills