Next section of Norwich Northern Distributor Road may still open before Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The next section of the Norwich Northern Distributor Road could still open before Christmas, despite recent weather, council bosses hope.
The stretch from the A1067 Fakenham Road and the A140 Cromer Road opened last month.
Officers at Norfolk County Council are hoping traffic will start using the section from the A140 to the A1151 Wroxham Road next week.
The joint Balfour Beatty and Norfolk County Council construction team agreed that, with better weather forecast, it should be possible to recover from the setbacks caused by the bad weather.
Heavy sleet and hail, followed by a freeze that left the newly-laid surface covered in thick ice on Tuesday, made weather-sensitive tasks and verge works impossible, but conditions are now improving.
A final decision will be made next week, but officers hope it could open on Thursday.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 3 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 6 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 Clinic shuts after more than 40 years with £60k losses due to Covid
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised