New measures to control parking near Norwich’s University of East Anglia set to start
New measures to control parking in Norwich streets near the University of East Anglia will come into force from next week.
City and county councillors have approved plans to extend the UEA controlled parking zone and the regulations will legally come into force on Monday.
People living in the area told Norwich City Council that finding space to park was a problem and the council says the changes are designed to resolve this.
Bert Bremner, cabinet member for planning and transport at City Hall, said: 'We have widely consulted people living in this area and listened to what they have to say about parking problems.
'This proposal is designed to pick up issues that were raised and regulate parking in these streets.'
You may also want to watch:
The new extension will see the introduction of permit parking areas, a number of limited waiting bays where no permits are required, and small sections of double yellow lines.
It will operate from Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm, the same hours as the existing zone.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
The council will also be introducing a three-hour time limit in the western Eaton Park car park near the pitch and putt course.
This limit would apply between 9am and 3pm from Monday to Friday during the UEA academic year. There are no restrictions on parking at other times and there will be no charge for parking.
Further details are available at www.norwich.gov.uk