How even recycling boxes are being recycled in green Norwich
Families in Norwich have become used to recycling in recent years, but now even recycling boxes are being recycled.
Before Norwich City Council introduced blue wheelie bins, people in the city had much smaller green boxes which they put their recycling in.
And the Friends of Eaton Park have found a new use for those boxes, using them as planters to brighten up the park. The group found it was too expensive to buy new recycled plastic planters and realised the green recycling boxes fitted the bill perfectly.
Glenys Banks, a member of the Friends, said: 'Filled with soil and plants, these boxes make really super planters. They are free, they are recycled and they brighten up the park.
'We have planted up two and placed them on the station of the Model Railway enclosure in the park, but we need more.'
You may also want to watch:
Judith Lubbock, Liberal Democrat city councillor for Eaton and vice-chairman of Friends of Eaton Park, appealed for more people to donate their unused green boxes. She said 'We know some people still use their green boxes to put out bottles but since the introduction of the blue wheelie bins some households do have spare green boxes. We would welcome a few more green boxes to plant up to brighten up other areas of the park. Please do give me a call if you can help with spare boxes.'
Anyone who can help should call Mrs Lubbock on 01603 504126.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
Have you found an unusual way to go green? Call Dan Grimmer on 01603 772375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org