How long did it take us to submit a response to the Greater Norwich Local Plan?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
With the deadline to comment on the Greater Norwich Local Plan expiring today, some concerns have been raised about how user friendly the consultation website is.
The consultation, which aims to identify sites for some 7,000 homes across the Norwich, Broadland and South Norfolk areas, was launched in January and closes at 5pm today.
While around 3,000 responses have already been received, some people having expressed difficulties with navigating the website designed for representations to be made.
Ahead of the deadline closing, Callum Thomas - who is on work experience with this newspaper - had a go at navigating the website himself.
This video shows his experience, while also serving as a handy 'how to' guide for anybody wishing to make last minute contributions - ahead of the 5pm deadline.
You may also want to watch:
It took Callum just under 12 minutes to find the right part of the website to comment on a proposal for land in Horsford, which could see between 150 and 200 homes built off of Reepham Road.
To contribute to the consultation, visit the Greater Norwich Local Plan website.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals