Time running out for EU nationals in Norwich to apply for settlement
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
European Union nationals living in Norwich have been urged to protect their rights by applying to the EU Settlement Scheme before it is too late.
All EU, European Economic Area or Swiss citizens, and their family members (including non-EU citizens) who live in the UK must apply to the scheme by June 30 or they will not be able to work in the UK or rent a house.
Norwich City Council warns people who do not apply are also likely to have difficulty accessing services, including those offered by councils and the NHS.
People must have been a UK resident before December 31 last year to be eligible.
A city council spokesperson said: “We want to make sure all of our residents have access to the services they need.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are an EU national living in Norwich and haven’t yet applied to the EU Settlement Scheme, please don’t delay in starting your application.”
The council says help with applications is available through Norfolk Community Law Service and Citizens Advice Norfolk.
More information, including how to apply is on the Norwich City Council website at www.norwich.gov.uk/brexit
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 5 of the best places for a curry in Norwich