Conservative meeting plans hit by closure of Eaton’s Cellar House pub
The closure of a popular pub has forced the Norwich South Conservatives to find an alternative venue for their annual general meeting.
The group had been due to meet at The Cellar House in Eaton, but, as reported in the Evening News, the pub this week closed unexpectedly.
The closure has meant Norwich South Conservatives have switched the venue for Saturday's meeting to the The George Hotel in Arlington Lane, off Newmarket Road.
At the meeting the membership of the Norwich South Conservative Association will be electing their officer and executive teams for the up coming year; approving their accounts and discussing recent political developments.
Paul Wells, the association chairman said of the Cellar House pub: 'We have held meetings in the Cellar House for several years, and its closure was a real shock. It is a sad loss not only for the people of Eaton but the whole of Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign. To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash