Conservative meeting plans hit by closure of Eaton’s Cellar House pub
The closure of a popular pub has forced the Norwich South Conservatives to find an alternative venue for their annual general meeting.
The group had been due to meet at The Cellar House in Eaton, but, as reported in the Evening News, the pub this week closed unexpectedly.
The closure has meant Norwich South Conservatives have switched the venue for Saturday's meeting to the The George Hotel in Arlington Lane, off Newmarket Road.
At the meeting the membership of the Norwich South Conservative Association will be electing their officer and executive teams for the up coming year; approving their accounts and discussing recent political developments.
Paul Wells, the association chairman said of the Cellar House pub: 'We have held meetings in the Cellar House for several years, and its closure was a real shock. It is a sad loss not only for the people of Eaton but the whole of Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign. To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal
- 1 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 2 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 3 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
- 4 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 9 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 10 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m shopping centre