Conservative meeting plans hit by closure of Eaton’s Cellar House pub
The closure of a popular pub has forced the Norwich South Conservatives to find an alternative venue for their annual general meeting.
The group had been due to meet at The Cellar House in Eaton, but, as reported in the Evening News, the pub this week closed unexpectedly.
The closure has meant Norwich South Conservatives have switched the venue for Saturday's meeting to the The George Hotel in Arlington Lane, off Newmarket Road.
At the meeting the membership of the Norwich South Conservative Association will be electing their officer and executive teams for the up coming year; approving their accounts and discussing recent political developments.
Paul Wells, the association chairman said of the Cellar House pub: 'We have held meetings in the Cellar House for several years, and its closure was a real shock. It is a sad loss not only for the people of Eaton but the whole of Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign. To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 10 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise