Clive Lewis to appear on UEA refugee Q+A panel
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich MP is to appear at a event exploring the history of refugees at The Forum.
Labour MP Clive Lewis will be on a 'Q+A' style panel at the Refugee History event, on Thursday November 23.
Organised jointly by the University of East Anglia (UEA)'s initiative Refugee History, and the national humanities festival Being Human. the panel will seek to answer questions from the public about the issues of refugees and migration, and give Norfolk residents space to voice their concerns.
Appearing on the panel with the Norwich South MP are journalist Rachel Shabi; writer Daniel Trilling; refugee campaigner Ahmad Al-Rashid; advocate Marchu Girma; and equality think-tank director Omar Khan.
It is part of a UEA run series of refugee awareness events called 'Losing and finding home: refugee history, memory and culture'.
You may also want to watch:
The event, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm, is free to attend, but questions must be emailed to H.Reed@uea.ac.uk.
- 1 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 2 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 3 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 8 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
- 9 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 10 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse