Cash windfall will help improve Norwich community centre
- Credit: Archant © 2010
People are being asked for their views on how to spend almost £20,000 earmarked for improvements at one of the city's community centres.
The windfall is for the open space next to Wensum Community Centre, off Hotblack Road.
Keith Driver, Norwich City Council's cabinet member for neighbourhoods and community safety, said: 'This money is funding from previous development work that has been allocated specifically to the Wensum Community Centre area.
'An important part of spending it appropriately is engaging with the local community to find out what improvements they want to see on their doorstep. The result will not only be an improved outdoor space for residents to enjoy, but one they have helped to shape from the beginning.'
The site had been earmarked for a new play area, but, following talks with the police, the Wensum Community Association and people living nearby, that will now be built at Wensum View Park because of concerns over anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
But the proposals do include one new play feature for children, clearing a replanting shrubs, planting fruit buses and wildflowers.
• People can have their say here before Monday, November 24.
• Are you fighting to get improvements made where you live? Tell us about it by calling reporter Dan Grimmer on 01603 772375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 4 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 5 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 6 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 9 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle
- 10 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs