A day in the life of the homeless in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News editor David Powles spends a day with Norwich homeless charity St Martin's Housing Trust.
The growing problem of homelessness in Norwich has been well-publicised.
Walk around the streets of the city centre, especially late at night or early in the morning, and it won't take long before you come across the heartbreaking sight of someone huddled up in a doorway, trying to bed down for the night,
But are more people having to face up to life on the streets of our city? And if so why and what is being done about it?
And what do the homeless themselves say about the problem?
You may also want to watch:
These are just some of the questions editor David Powles will be asking as he spends the day with St Martin's Housing Trust, the city's dedicated homeless charity.
You can follow his progress here. If you want to comment on what he says or join in the debate you can via twitter @David_Powles.
- 1 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 2 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 3 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
Watch out online and in print for a full report from the day.