Little Sasha is crowned the bonniest baby
With her cute pigtails, blue eyes and beaming smile, little Sasha Smith has captured your hearts.
The 14-month-old has been crowned the winner of the Evening News Bonny Babies competition 2013 after she received the most votes.
Sasha's mum, Martine Bird, said: 'As soon as Sasha started having her photo taken she started crying, so we had to use the first one.
'I bought a copy and when I got home I looked at it and decided I really liked it, it's a good photo of her. She usually likes having her photo taken.'
Sasha has scooped the top prize – a Venture photography portrait worth �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Bird, who is engaged to DJ Smith, 25, a management accountant, said: 'I'm really looking forward to our shoot, I am going to take the whole family along.
'I looked at the paper and thought all of the babies were pretty but I didn't think we would win.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
'When I found out, I wanted to scream I was so happy. I know a few of my neighbours entered the competition too.'
Their daughter, Grazie, five, who goes to Recreation Road Infant School, won the Bonny Babies competition two years ago.
Ms Bird and Mr Smith, who live in Elizabeth Fry Road, Earlham, plan to get married next May and Grazie and Sasha will be flower girls.
Ms Bird, who runs her own business selling perfume and cosmetics, added: 'Sasha likes going to the park and going down the slide.
'She can be quite mischievous sometimes – she like to play with her sister's toys when she knows she shouldn't.
'I am very proud of her, any mother would be if their child won.'
David Cheese, director of Venture Norwich, said: 'We had a fantastic year with hundreds of entrants. Our youngest baby was just 10 days old.
'The children were great and some people had made a real effort to dress their children up.'
The winner of the girls over 18 months category was Chanice Yardy of Scarlet Road, Norwich.
The boys under 18 months category was won by Harrison Bowles from Baxter Court, Norwich while Bobby Pegler of Godfrey Road, Spixworth won the prize for the boys over 18 months group.
Chanice, Harrison and Bobby have each won a Venture Photography family experience worth �145.