Book swap station opens in Norwich park
- Credit: Archant
A community reclaiming a park and tackling anti-social behaviour in their area have set up a book swap station in Old Library Wood.
Set up by members of the Old Library Wood Collective, it is hoped the Old Library Wood Little Library will help encourage people and families to use the park and challenge its reputation as a hot-spot for drug taking.
Fiona Leggo, a member of the Old Library Wood Collective who helped make the Little Library said: 'We wanted to put a little library in the park because it's called Old Library Wood and it used to have a library.
'As a collective we got together to take on all of the bad things that have been happening in the area and we thought it would be a nice way of combatting anti-social behaviour and encouraging positivity and creating good news about the park.
'Lots of people have already donated books and its filled up quite quickly.'
You may also want to watch:
The official opening of The Little Library will take place on Saturday, July 14 at 11am.
- 1 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 4 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 7 Man, 28, wanted by police in Norfolk
- 8 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 9 Car and lorry crash on busy Norwich road
- 10 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?