Book swap station opens in Norwich park
- Credit: Archant
A community reclaiming a park and tackling anti-social behaviour in their area have set up a book swap station in Old Library Wood.
Set up by members of the Old Library Wood Collective, it is hoped the Old Library Wood Little Library will help encourage people and families to use the park and challenge its reputation as a hot-spot for drug taking.
Fiona Leggo, a member of the Old Library Wood Collective who helped make the Little Library said: 'We wanted to put a little library in the park because it's called Old Library Wood and it used to have a library.
'As a collective we got together to take on all of the bad things that have been happening in the area and we thought it would be a nice way of combatting anti-social behaviour and encouraging positivity and creating good news about the park.
'Lots of people have already donated books and its filled up quite quickly.'
You may also want to watch:
The official opening of The Little Library will take place on Saturday, July 14 at 11am.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight