Little Ava wins our Baby of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
Little Ava Livingstone's gorgeous smile has captured the hearts of our readers and led to the youngster winning our 2016 Baby of the Year competition.
Ava, who is almost 17 months old, was among more than 150 youngsters who were entered into this year's competition and was crowned the winner after scooping the most votes.
Her proud mum, 25-year-old Chelsea Mundford, said: 'I was overwhelmed and so happy when I found out Ava had won. She's a very good baby but I must admit all the babies were really cute, they are all beautiful babies.'
She described her daughter as a cheeky little girl with a lovely smile.
'She's a generally good, happy little baby. She never stops smiling,' said Miss Mundford, who lives in Norfolk Street, in Norwich, with Ava's dad, 25-year-old Kyle Livingstone, an area manager of an automotive recruitment consultancy.
You may also want to watch:
'It [Ava winning the competition] makes us very proud parents and it means a lot to us. Whether she won or not, she will always be baby of the year in our eyes every year.
'We are really grateful for everyone who voted. It's nice to know we had the support of friends and family and the public to make this happen, for Ava to win. It's a very nice early Christmas present.'
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 10 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
She said Ava's grandparents, Sarah and Andrew Mundford and Lorraine and Wesley Livingstone, were also extremely proud of their granddaughter.
Ava, who received a 20in by 16in framed portrait and Castle Mall vouchers as her prize, also won the 10-18 months category and Leo Rocastle was the runner-up for that category. The 0-9 month winner was Amelia Cranmer and the runner-up was Elizabeth Craig. The 19-36 months winner was Cameron Snorton-McColl and the runner-up was Madeline Pollock. The three to five years winner was Elicia Searle and the runner-up was Tyler Donaldson.
The category winners won a 15in by 12in framed portrait and the runners-up a 10in by 8in framed portrait. The competition was in association with Castle Mall and the photography was by Oleg Burbela.