Litter pick to help clear popular Norwich walking route
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A litter pick will take place along a popular city pathway.
The next Lakenham Way Litter Pick will take place on Friday, March 9, from 10am to noon.
Volunteers will be meeting as usual outside Lakenham Neighbourhood Office in Mansfield Lane, Norwich.
People are asked to just come along for however long they can spare. Litter grabbers are provided and gloves as well for people who don't have them.
Participants are asked to wear sturdy footwear.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be an extra session of cutting back vegetation at the Sandy Lane end of Lakenham Way on Monday, March 5, between 1.30pm and 3pm.
This is designed to protect the grassland habitat for the colony of common lizards.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 6 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home