Person dies after being hit by train in Norwich
PUBLISHED: 10:52 05 January 2018 | UPDATED: 16:54 05 January 2018
Copyright Archant Norfolk 2015
A person has died after being hit by a train in Norwich this morning.
All lines surrounding Norwich were blocked from around 7am, when the person was hit near to the Crown Point Depot.
British Transport Police said they were called to the level crossing at Cremorne Lane at 7.22am and they were treating the death as “non-suspicious”.
A number of trains were cancelled and bus replacement services were put on while emergency services attended the scene.
Some trains are now running again, with alterations.
• The 8.21am Norwich to Sheringham will start from North Walsham at 8.51am, and will form the 9.44am Sheringham to Norwich service.
• The 9.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth will run as scheduled.
• The 9.49am Lowestoft to Norwich will run as scheduled.
• The 10.01am Norwich to Lowestoft will run as scheduled.
• The 10.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth will be cancelled.
• The 11.17am Great Yarmouth to Norwich will be cancelled.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Norwich Evening News. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.