Letter of the week: The Evening News’ April Fool article was not such a senseless idea
- Credit: Archant
The spoof article, 'We're on track for a gigantic new rail hub at Swainsthorpe' written by Avril (April in French) Fish about Dr Olaf Pirol, (an anagram — April Fool) made very amusing reading, but is it such a senseless idea? (Evening News April 1).
Trevor Lewis wrote a letter in the previous night's Evening News which also makes sense, unless that was a lampoon letter as well, but one day too early
'Norwich needs a new station' (Evening News March 31).
Councillor John Fuller, leader of South Norfolk Council, should concentrate on delivering the Long Stratton bypass which has been a parody for almost 50 years instead of partaking in a little burlesque!
Both these major infrastructure projects could be considered seriously rather than being the subject of amusement — and perhaps a new Mayor for East
Anglia may deliver such major infrastructure notions under the devolution proposals. Should they ever came to fruition, then Dunston Hall could be renamed the 'Railway Tavern'.
Cllr Tim East,Lib/Dem County Councillor for Costessey
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 5 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 8 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 9 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
- 10 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
•What do you think? You can write to the Evening News letter page by emailing email@example.com or leave your comments below.