Letter of the week: The Evening News’ April Fool article was not such a senseless idea
- Credit: Archant
The spoof article, 'We're on track for a gigantic new rail hub at Swainsthorpe' written by Avril (April in French) Fish about Dr Olaf Pirol, (an anagram — April Fool) made very amusing reading, but is it such a senseless idea? (Evening News April 1).
Trevor Lewis wrote a letter in the previous night's Evening News which also makes sense, unless that was a lampoon letter as well, but one day too early
'Norwich needs a new station' (Evening News March 31).
Councillor John Fuller, leader of South Norfolk Council, should concentrate on delivering the Long Stratton bypass which has been a parody for almost 50 years instead of partaking in a little burlesque!
Both these major infrastructure projects could be considered seriously rather than being the subject of amusement — and perhaps a new Mayor for East
You may also want to watch:
Anglia may deliver such major infrastructure notions under the devolution proposals. Should they ever came to fruition, then Dunston Hall could be renamed the 'Railway Tavern'.
Cllr Tim East,Lib/Dem County Councillor for Costessey
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
•What do you think? You can write to the Evening News letter page by emailing email@example.com or leave your comments below.