Letter of the week: The Evening News’ April Fool article was not such a senseless idea
- Credit: Archant
The spoof article, 'We're on track for a gigantic new rail hub at Swainsthorpe' written by Avril (April in French) Fish about Dr Olaf Pirol, (an anagram — April Fool) made very amusing reading, but is it such a senseless idea? (Evening News April 1).
Trevor Lewis wrote a letter in the previous night's Evening News which also makes sense, unless that was a lampoon letter as well, but one day too early
'Norwich needs a new station' (Evening News March 31).
Councillor John Fuller, leader of South Norfolk Council, should concentrate on delivering the Long Stratton bypass which has been a parody for almost 50 years instead of partaking in a little burlesque!
Both these major infrastructure projects could be considered seriously rather than being the subject of amusement — and perhaps a new Mayor for East
You may also want to watch:
Anglia may deliver such major infrastructure notions under the devolution proposals. Should they ever came to fruition, then Dunston Hall could be renamed the 'Railway Tavern'.
Cllr Tim East,Lib/Dem County Councillor for Costessey
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 5 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
•What do you think? You can write to the Evening News letter page by emailing email@example.com or leave your comments below.