‘It wasn’t me’ - Les Dennis denies being responsible for Norwich graffiti
- Credit: Archant
TV star Les Dennis has denied that he had anything to do with bizarre graffiti tributes to him in Norwich.
Colourful graffiti simply stating 'Les Dennis' was scrawled on walls in several parts of Norwich including St Benedicts Street and on The Yoga Room building.
It first started appearing last year but on Thursday Mr Dennis joked on Twitter that 'it wasn't me' after the images were shared again.
Rob Setchell, who works for ITV Anglia, tweeted: 'REVEALED: #Norwich appears to be the canvas for bizarre graffiti tributes to @LesDennis. Several locations given the Les treatment. Has anyone else spotted one? Does anyone know who is behind the 'SurreaLesm' movement?'
Although the graffiti on St Benedicts Street has since disappeared, the Family Fortunes presenter still has his name sprayed in bright yellow on the side of a building in Fishergate.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dennis has spent a lot of time in Norfolk having previously owned a holiday home on the north Norfolk coast.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop