Lecture about one of Norwich's most historic churches
Kate ScotterA leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.Kate Scotter
A leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.
Professor Eamon Duffy will be at the St Peter Hungate Church on Thursday, May 6 to talk about 'Praying with Images in the Middle Ages'.
The public lecture will draw on Prof Duffy's extensive research into late medieval religious belief and Christian art and material culture.
The event will be the second in a series of celebrity lectures programmed by Hungate Medieval Art. The series began last Christmas 2009 with chairman of the Churches Conservation Trust and TV presenter Loyd Grosman.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will start at 6pm. Tickets cost �10 for adults and are available from Hungate Medieval Art, St Peter Hungate Church, Princes Street, Norwich.
For more information, call 01603 623254.
- 1 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 2 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 3 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 4 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 5 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 6 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
- 7 Road closures as police dealt with concerns over people's safety
- 8 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events