Lecture about one of Norwich's most historic churches
Kate ScotterA leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.Kate Scotter
A leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.
Professor Eamon Duffy will be at the St Peter Hungate Church on Thursday, May 6 to talk about 'Praying with Images in the Middle Ages'.
The public lecture will draw on Prof Duffy's extensive research into late medieval religious belief and Christian art and material culture.
The event will be the second in a series of celebrity lectures programmed by Hungate Medieval Art. The series began last Christmas 2009 with chairman of the Churches Conservation Trust and TV presenter Loyd Grosman.
The talk will start at 6pm. Tickets cost �10 for adults and are available from Hungate Medieval Art, St Peter Hungate Church, Princes Street, Norwich.
For more information, call 01603 623254.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 4 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 5 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 6 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 7 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 8 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich