Lecture about one of Norwich's most historic churches
Kate ScotterA leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.Kate Scotter
A leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.
Professor Eamon Duffy will be at the St Peter Hungate Church on Thursday, May 6 to talk about 'Praying with Images in the Middle Ages'.
The public lecture will draw on Prof Duffy's extensive research into late medieval religious belief and Christian art and material culture.
The event will be the second in a series of celebrity lectures programmed by Hungate Medieval Art. The series began last Christmas 2009 with chairman of the Churches Conservation Trust and TV presenter Loyd Grosman.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will start at 6pm. Tickets cost �10 for adults and are available from Hungate Medieval Art, St Peter Hungate Church, Princes Street, Norwich.
For more information, call 01603 623254.
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 5 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 6 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 7 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 8 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'