Lecture about one of Norwich's most historic churches
Kate ScotterA leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.Kate Scotter
A leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.
Professor Eamon Duffy will be at the St Peter Hungate Church on Thursday, May 6 to talk about 'Praying with Images in the Middle Ages'.
The public lecture will draw on Prof Duffy's extensive research into late medieval religious belief and Christian art and material culture.
The event will be the second in a series of celebrity lectures programmed by Hungate Medieval Art. The series began last Christmas 2009 with chairman of the Churches Conservation Trust and TV presenter Loyd Grosman.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will start at 6pm. Tickets cost �10 for adults and are available from Hungate Medieval Art, St Peter Hungate Church, Princes Street, Norwich.
For more information, call 01603 623254.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools