Lecture about one of Norwich's most historic churches
Kate ScotterA leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.Kate Scotter
A leading academic will be heading to Norwich as part of a series of talks at one of the city's most historic churches.
Professor Eamon Duffy will be at the St Peter Hungate Church on Thursday, May 6 to talk about 'Praying with Images in the Middle Ages'.
The public lecture will draw on Prof Duffy's extensive research into late medieval religious belief and Christian art and material culture.
The event will be the second in a series of celebrity lectures programmed by Hungate Medieval Art. The series began last Christmas 2009 with chairman of the Churches Conservation Trust and TV presenter Loyd Grosman.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will start at 6pm. Tickets cost �10 for adults and are available from Hungate Medieval Art, St Peter Hungate Church, Princes Street, Norwich.
For more information, call 01603 623254.
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed