League’s tribute to Andy
A minute's applause preceded each game on Match Day Three of the Norfolk County FA Veterans League in memory of Andy Boorman, Wymondham College Vets player-manager, who sadly passed away recently at the age of 50 after a battle against cancer.
On the pitch Costessey Crown ended Cringleford's unbeaten run in the Premiership with a 4-1 victory at Breckland Road. Goals from Terry Bolingbrooke, Nigel Garner, Jason Garwood and Robert Sapey saw off Cringleford who scored through George Wilson to keep Crown at the top of the table with a 100 per cent record.
Sole & Heel suffered their third consecutive 4-0 defeat at the hands of second placed Bayer Eagles. Stacey Allen, James Costello, Dean Giddings and Darren Rial found the net to keep the Eagles soaring near the top of the table.
The final game of the Premiership saw Wymondham College Roseberrians score 4 for the second game running as they were 4-2 winners at home to Watton United. Brande Wulff bagged a brace, whilst Craig Taylor also scored to add to an own goal in the victory which sent Watton to their third consecutive defeat.
Just two matches were played in the Championship with Sprowston Wanderers again victorious, keeping their 100% record intact.
You may also want to watch:
The league's leading marksman, Aaron Donnelly, had his scoring boots on again as he found the net twice in their 3-0 victory at home to Wymondham College Veterans. Colin Evans was the scorer of Sprowston's other goal.
The Championship's other match saw a 2-2 draw between Swaffham Town and Costessey Sports. Matthew Begg and Paul Hunt were scorers for Swaffham, however goals from Simon Powell and Tim Woolner ensured there would be an even split of the points at Shoemakers Lane.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 9 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 10 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
Premiership - Costessey Crown 4 Cringleford 1; Sole & Heel 0 Bayer Eagles 4; Wymondham College Roseberrians 4 Watton United 2.
Championship - Norwich Rovers v Rockland United p; Sprowston Wanderers 3 Wymondham College 0; Swaffham Town 2 Costessey Sports 2.