Leading clothes store to open in Norwich
Kate ScotterNorwich's reputation as a leading shopping destination has been given a further boost after a top clothes brand signed a deal to open a store in the city.Kate Scotter
Norwich's reputation as a leading shopping destination has been given a further boost after a top clothes brand signed a deal to open a store in the city.
Hollister, the southern California-themed arm of global retailer Abercrombie & Fitch, is set to open a store in Norwich's Chapelfield shopping centre later this year.
The new 6,300 sq ft store will sit alongside the Apple store and French Connection on the second floor.
News of the coup for the city comes as Norwich retained its place in the UK's top 10 of retail destinations.
You may also want to watch:
Chapelfield's general manager Davina Tanner said: 'We are delighted that Hollister has chosen Norwich and Chapelfield for its new store.
'It's an iconic brand which reinforces Chapelfield and Norwich as a premier retail destination. The news is important for the city and the shopping centre.'
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 7 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 10 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
Hollister, known for its laid-back surfer style, will join other top retailers including Mango, Zara and Espirit at the Capital Shopping Centre-owned mall.
It is expected the new store will open in October. It is not yet known how many jobs it will create.
A spokesman for Hollister said: 'We feel that this new location is a great opportunity for Hollister and the shopping centre.'
Hollister currently has 13 stores across the UK, including in London, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bristol and Sheffield. Norwich's store will be the first in the eastern region.