Leading clothes store to open in Norwich
Kate ScotterNorwich's reputation as a leading shopping destination has been given a further boost after a top clothes brand signed a deal to open a store in the city.Kate Scotter
Norwich's reputation as a leading shopping destination has been given a further boost after a top clothes brand signed a deal to open a store in the city.
Hollister, the southern California-themed arm of global retailer Abercrombie & Fitch, is set to open a store in Norwich's Chapelfield shopping centre later this year.
The new 6,300 sq ft store will sit alongside the Apple store and French Connection on the second floor.
News of the coup for the city comes as Norwich retained its place in the UK's top 10 of retail destinations.
Chapelfield's general manager Davina Tanner said: 'We are delighted that Hollister has chosen Norwich and Chapelfield for its new store.
'It's an iconic brand which reinforces Chapelfield and Norwich as a premier retail destination. The news is important for the city and the shopping centre.'
- 1 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 2 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 3 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 4 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 5 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 6 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 7 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
- 10 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
Hollister, known for its laid-back surfer style, will join other top retailers including Mango, Zara and Espirit at the Capital Shopping Centre-owned mall.
It is expected the new store will open in October. It is not yet known how many jobs it will create.
A spokesman for Hollister said: 'We feel that this new location is a great opportunity for Hollister and the shopping centre.'
Hollister currently has 13 stores across the UK, including in London, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bristol and Sheffield. Norwich's store will be the first in the eastern region.