Leading clothes store to open in Norwich
Kate ScotterNorwich's reputation as a leading shopping destination has been given a further boost after a top clothes brand signed a deal to open a store in the city.Kate Scotter
Norwich's reputation as a leading shopping destination has been given a further boost after a top clothes brand signed a deal to open a store in the city.
Hollister, the southern California-themed arm of global retailer Abercrombie & Fitch, is set to open a store in Norwich's Chapelfield shopping centre later this year.
The new 6,300 sq ft store will sit alongside the Apple store and French Connection on the second floor.
News of the coup for the city comes as Norwich retained its place in the UK's top 10 of retail destinations.
You may also want to watch:
Chapelfield's general manager Davina Tanner said: 'We are delighted that Hollister has chosen Norwich and Chapelfield for its new store.
'It's an iconic brand which reinforces Chapelfield and Norwich as a premier retail destination. The news is important for the city and the shopping centre.'
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 4 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 5 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 6 Man seriously injured after crash
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 9 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 10 Plans to demolish historic pub approved just days after suspected arson attack
Hollister, known for its laid-back surfer style, will join other top retailers including Mango, Zara and Espirit at the Capital Shopping Centre-owned mall.
It is expected the new store will open in October. It is not yet known how many jobs it will create.
A spokesman for Hollister said: 'We feel that this new location is a great opportunity for Hollister and the shopping centre.'
Hollister currently has 13 stores across the UK, including in London, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bristol and Sheffield. Norwich's store will be the first in the eastern region.