The Evening News says: The train now arriving will be late (again)
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Figures out today reveal just how often some of our trains are delayed, with some services running late on hundreds of occasions.
Some of the delays might only average out at a couple of minutes over the course of a year.
But to add insult to injury, rail travellers have just been slapped with the biggest price rise for five years.
The annual fare increase seems to be about the only thing you can rely on to arrive on time these days.
One green city councillor wonders whether we'll see Norwich in 90 quid before we see Norwich in 90 minutes. The worrying thing is that she might have a point.
You may also want to watch:
You might well ask what on earth the £170m pledged to improve performance on the line between the city and Liverpool Street just over two years ago was ever spent on.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans