The Evening News says: The train now arriving will be late (again)
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Figures out today reveal just how often some of our trains are delayed, with some services running late on hundreds of occasions.
Some of the delays might only average out at a couple of minutes over the course of a year.
But to add insult to injury, rail travellers have just been slapped with the biggest price rise for five years.
The annual fare increase seems to be about the only thing you can rely on to arrive on time these days.
One green city councillor wonders whether we'll see Norwich in 90 quid before we see Norwich in 90 minutes. The worrying thing is that she might have a point.
You may also want to watch:
You might well ask what on earth the £170m pledged to improve performance on the line between the city and Liverpool Street just over two years ago was ever spent on.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?