Last chance to enter Norwich’s eco awards
Green-thinking groups, schools, businesses and individuals have just one day left to get their entries in for this year's Norwich Eco Awards.
The closing date for the annual awards, organised by Norwich City Council in partnership with the Evening News, is tomorrow.
The awards help recognise all the good work that is going on in the city to help the environment.
There are three categories, businesses, schools and community groups, and all entries will also be put forward for the Eco Hero award. Victoria MacDonald, cabinet member for environment at City Hall, said: 'These awards are the perfect opportunity for people to tell us all about the good things they've been doing to make Norwich a more eco city.
'We want as many schools, community groups and businesses as possible to come forward and tell us about what they've been doing, and reward them for their contribution to sustainability within the city.
You may also want to watch:
'It's essential for everyone in Norwich to get involved with eco issues, not only will positive actions help to improve the area they live in, but also for future generations who will live there.'
All entrants will be invited to the awards ceremony, presented by the Lord Mayor of Norwich, Tom Dylan, next month.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 5 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 9 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
To enter, complete an entry form which can be downloaded from the city council's website www.norwich.gov.uk, or call John Dougan, energy officer, on 01603 212545 for a paper copy. Full details on how to enter are on the form.