Large and small Norwich cafes prepare for coffee morning
Time is running out to organise your event for this year's Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
One of Norwich's biggest caf�s, and one of its smallest, are ready for action to raise money for the cancer support charity on Friday, September 30 though.
Hayley Draper, who runs The Window, on Wensum Street, one of the city's smallest caf�s, joined in with the World's Biggest Coffee Morning last year and is doing so again.
On the day, The Window will be handing out free green mini cupcakes and green cookies.
Hayley said: 'I believe it's very important to give back. I feel very lucky to have such a busy, vibrant business and if I can create awareness of such a worthy cause I'm happy to give the time and energy.'
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Simon Burrage of Caf� Bar Marzano at The Forum, one of the city's biggest caf�s, is hosting a world record attempt for the World's Biggest Coffee Morning. This will see Norwich endurance weightlifter Mr Remarkableman attempt to blow up and burst 100 hot water bottles with his own lungs in celebration of Macmillan's 100 years of providing support to people affected by cancer.
Simon said: 'I am so pleased to be helping such a worthy cause, and very proud that Caf� Bar Marzano will be turning green for Macmillan. Please do come and support Mr Remarkableman's remarkable world record-breaking attempt on September 30.'
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 8 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 9 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 10 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
A World's Biggest Coffee Morning event doesn't have to include coffee and cakes on September 30. It can be whatever you most enjoy on a day that suits you.
Area fundraising manager for Macmillan, Helen Chapman, added: 'It's the feeling of camaraderie and excitement that makes it such a great event.
'The fact that groups of people all over the country are coming together simultaneously to do what they love with their family and friends in support of a truly fantastic charity is brilliant,'
Last year 43,000 people across the nation made their cuppa count, raising a staggering �8m for people living with cancer.
To find out more about the World's Biggest Coffee Morning and to register, visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.
Are you raising money for charity? Call new Local Life editor Richard Wood on 01603 772423 or email email@example.com