Langley School children welcome addition to kayaking team
Children at a school near Loddon are celebrating a major addition to one of their sporting teams – a new kayak.
Members of Langley School's kayaking team had their first glimpse of their new team member last week as their K2 racing boat was officially unveiled.
The official unveiling was by one of the team's youngest members Florence Duffield, whose parents were among those who donated towards the cost of the boat.
Headmaster Dominic Findlay said: 'Having our own K2 kayak is a huge credit to teachers and parents who have got involved.
'Special thanks to the parents who have offered their support and made this possible.'
You may also want to watch:
Further support was also provided by the School's Development Fund and a second kayak is already on order.
The club was set up two and a half years ago in conjunction with Norwich Canoe Club.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
In autumn the team won the junior class of the Ross Warland Memorial in Oxfordshire and they hope to take part in the prestigious Waterside Series of four races in Newbury over the next two months and the regional Hasler races throughout the spring and summer.