Langley School children welcome addition to kayaking team
Children at a school near Loddon are celebrating a major addition to one of their sporting teams – a new kayak.
Members of Langley School's kayaking team had their first glimpse of their new team member last week as their K2 racing boat was officially unveiled.
The official unveiling was by one of the team's youngest members Florence Duffield, whose parents were among those who donated towards the cost of the boat.
Headmaster Dominic Findlay said: 'Having our own K2 kayak is a huge credit to teachers and parents who have got involved.
'Special thanks to the parents who have offered their support and made this possible.'
Further support was also provided by the School's Development Fund and a second kayak is already on order.
The club was set up two and a half years ago in conjunction with Norwich Canoe Club.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 2 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 3 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 4 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 7 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 8 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 9 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 10 Staff 'distraught' after sought-after nursery closes
In autumn the team won the junior class of the Ross Warland Memorial in Oxfordshire and they hope to take part in the prestigious Waterside Series of four races in Newbury over the next two months and the regional Hasler races throughout the spring and summer.