Langley School children welcome addition to kayaking team
Children at a school near Loddon are celebrating a major addition to one of their sporting teams – a new kayak.
Members of Langley School's kayaking team had their first glimpse of their new team member last week as their K2 racing boat was officially unveiled.
The official unveiling was by one of the team's youngest members Florence Duffield, whose parents were among those who donated towards the cost of the boat.
Headmaster Dominic Findlay said: 'Having our own K2 kayak is a huge credit to teachers and parents who have got involved.
'Special thanks to the parents who have offered their support and made this possible.'
You may also want to watch:
Further support was also provided by the School's Development Fund and a second kayak is already on order.
The club was set up two and a half years ago in conjunction with Norwich Canoe Club.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 7 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 10 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
In autumn the team won the junior class of the Ross Warland Memorial in Oxfordshire and they hope to take part in the prestigious Waterside Series of four races in Newbury over the next two months and the regional Hasler races throughout the spring and summer.