Flames engulf motorbike on walking path
- Credit: Archant
A motorcycle was left to burn in the middle of a city walking path overnight.
The vehicle, a low-powered scooter-type bike, was found in the middle of the pathway of Lakenham Way - a pedestrian/cycle pathway between Brazen Gate and Sandy Lane, around 6am on March 25.
By that time the bike was still on fire, but most of it had already been charred and destroyed by the flames. Smoke and noxious fumes were pouring from the wreckage.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue were called and one fire engine arrived within 10 minutes, accessing the site via Mansfield Lane.
The firefighters used hand appliances to extinguish the flames.
You may also want to watch:
Fire and Rescue said: “One appliance Carrow attended a vehicle fire on Mansfield Lane crew used hand appliances.”
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans