Flames engulf motorbike on walking path
- Credit: Archant
A motorcycle was left to burn in the middle of a city walking path overnight.
The vehicle, a low-powered scooter-type bike, was found in the middle of the pathway of Lakenham Way - a pedestrian/cycle pathway between Brazen Gate and Sandy Lane, around 6am on March 25.
By that time the bike was still on fire, but most of it had already been charred and destroyed by the flames. Smoke and noxious fumes were pouring from the wreckage.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue were called and one fire engine arrived within 10 minutes, accessing the site via Mansfield Lane.
The firefighters used hand appliances to extinguish the flames.
You may also want to watch:
Fire and Rescue said: “One appliance Carrow attended a vehicle fire on Mansfield Lane crew used hand appliances.”
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 5 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 6 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 7 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 8 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall