Lakenham: Disabled children learn about emergency services
Sam EmanuelYoung people at a special school in Norwich were given the chance to look at emergency response vehicles last week as part of a special event to teach them about the emergency services.Sam Emanuel
Young people at a special school in Norwich were given the chance to look at emergency response vehicles last week as part of a special event to teach them about the emergency services.
Police, fire and ambulance crews visited Harford Manor School, a special educational needs school on Ipswich Road, Norwich, to teach the pupils about people who can help in the community.
The students met their local officers from the Lakenham and Tuckswood Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT), as well as paramedics and fire officers, and asked questions about their important roles.
They were also given the opportunity to look around different emergency response vehicles including a police car, an ambulance and a fire engine.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Rachel Cooke said: 'The pupils have recently been learning about the people in the community who can help and I thought it would be a great idea to hold a 999 event at the school so they can meet us in person.
'This will help show the human side of policing and dispel any fears the children may have of the police and built up their confidence to be able to speak to us about any issues they may have.'
- 1 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 2 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 3 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 9 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 10 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads