Lakenham: Disabled children learn about emergency services
Sam EmanuelYoung people at a special school in Norwich were given the chance to look at emergency response vehicles last week as part of a special event to teach them about the emergency services.Sam Emanuel
Young people at a special school in Norwich were given the chance to look at emergency response vehicles last week as part of a special event to teach them about the emergency services.
Police, fire and ambulance crews visited Harford Manor School, a special educational needs school on Ipswich Road, Norwich, to teach the pupils about people who can help in the community.
The students met their local officers from the Lakenham and Tuckswood Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT), as well as paramedics and fire officers, and asked questions about their important roles.
They were also given the opportunity to look around different emergency response vehicles including a police car, an ambulance and a fire engine.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Rachel Cooke said: 'The pupils have recently been learning about the people in the community who can help and I thought it would be a great idea to hold a 999 event at the school so they can meet us in person.
'This will help show the human side of policing and dispel any fears the children may have of the police and built up their confidence to be able to speak to us about any issues they may have.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 8 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country