Lakenham and Tuckswood: Local news
St John's Church, Old Lakenham, welcomed the Bishop of Norwich as Celebrant and Preacher at their Mothering Sunday service which took place immediately after his visit to St Paul's, Tuckswood.
Lakenham and Tuckswood
St John's Church, Old Lakenham, welcomed the Bishop of Norwich as Celebrant and Preacher at their Mothering Sunday service which took place immediately after his visit to St Paul's, Tuckswood. Bishop Graham was assisted by Bishop Peter Fox and Beryl Hayward, with Joanna Jimenez as Crucifer. As well as the Young People's Church, they had also invited the local Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Cubs, Scouts and Beavers to attend in uniform with their banners, and so it was a colourful and joyful service with some of the young people using various forms of presentation to give thanks for their mothers' love. Posies of flowers were given to them to take home. Large numbers stayed behind afterwards to have coffee, tea and biscuits, gallantly served by Margaret Hill, Jean Cogman, Barbara Holmes and other helpers. Afterwards Bishop Graham had a short meeting with the Churchwardens of St John's and St Paul's Tuckswood, the Local Lay Ministry Team, and the leaders of the Tamil Church which worships weekly at St Paul's.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 4 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 7 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 8 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 9 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 10 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre