Lakenham and Tuckswood: Local news
St John's Church, Old Lakenham, welcomed the Bishop of Norwich as Celebrant and Preacher at their Mothering Sunday service which took place immediately after his visit to St Paul's, Tuckswood.
Lakenham and Tuckswood
St John's Church, Old Lakenham, welcomed the Bishop of Norwich as Celebrant and Preacher at their Mothering Sunday service which took place immediately after his visit to St Paul's, Tuckswood. Bishop Graham was assisted by Bishop Peter Fox and Beryl Hayward, with Joanna Jimenez as Crucifer. As well as the Young People's Church, they had also invited the local Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Cubs, Scouts and Beavers to attend in uniform with their banners, and so it was a colourful and joyful service with some of the young people using various forms of presentation to give thanks for their mothers' love. Posies of flowers were given to them to take home. Large numbers stayed behind afterwards to have coffee, tea and biscuits, gallantly served by Margaret Hill, Jean Cogman, Barbara Holmes and other helpers. Afterwards Bishop Graham had a short meeting with the Churchwardens of St John's and St Paul's Tuckswood, the Local Lay Ministry Team, and the leaders of the Tamil Church which worships weekly at St Paul's.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 9 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 10 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich