Ladies first: Five generations of first-born women united for the first time
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Women from five generations of the same family were united for the first time.
And it was a case of ladies first, with each woman being the first-born of their generation.
Dorothy Wood, 89, was introduced to three-week-old great-great-granddaughter Molly Woods at the Oakwood House nursing home in Colney.
They were also joined by Mrs Wood's daughters Ann Wenger, 67, Mrs Wenger's daughter Kim Dunsdon, 42, and her daughter Bailee Dunsdon, 20, mother to Molly.
Mrs Wenger said the mood at the family reunion was 'indescribable'.
You may also want to watch:
'It's very exciting: it's the first time we have had all five generations together, and it was a bit of a surprise,' she said.
'It's been a long time since we've had four generations together, and this was the first time we've met Molly.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
- 10 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
The three younger generations travelled from Oxfordshire to meet Mrs Wood and Mrs Wenger, where they were also joined by Mrs Wood's other daughter Sue Staveley, an administrator at the Old Watton Road home care home.
Mrs Wood, a former headmistress and keen WI member, was married to William for 56 years, and was born in Framingham Pigot before moving to Woodbastwick in 1931 where her father was a gardener at Woodbastwick Hall. She counts sewing and icing among her interests.
Her family said she was 'an example to us all'.
Mrs Woods said: 'It's beautiful to have everyone together and have them here with me.'
Do you have a story for Local Life? Email firstname.lastname@example.org