Kodaline to perform in Norwich this weekend
- Credit: Andrew Whitton
Irish quartet Kodaline are set to bring their headline UK tour to Norwich this weekend.
With support from Patrick Martin, the show will take place on November 10 at The Nick Rayns LCR, UEA and will be the fourth of nine dates across the UK.
This tour comes off the back of a busy year and a half which saw them release their third album, Politics of Living, in September 2018 and head out on tour with Snow Patrol at the start of 2019.
Confident that this is their best album to date, lead singer Steve Garrigan said: "We took our time, we did our own thing, we made sure we got everything to exactly where it needed to be."
"We gave ourselves room to get out of our comfort zone and experiment, to try things we might have shied away from before. But the songs were always the foundation: the structure, the lyric, the melody. If you get that right, production can only make it better. It's like sprinkles on top of the cake."
Formed in the north of Dublin in 2012, although originally known as 21 Demands from 2005-2011, as a band they achieved immediate success.
All I Want, from their first EP, has clocked up over 120 million views on YouTube with their 2013 debut album, Perfect World, establishing them as a highly emotional pop rock band with perfectly crafted songs.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 3 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 4 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 5 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 6 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 7 Former Norfolk teacher finds success with hit pottery business
- 8 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 9 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 10 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
The follow up, 2015's Coming Up For Air, gave them their second Irish number one and constant touring confirming their status as a growing force around the world.
But the biggest moment, for all of the band, was performing with Ed Sheeran for two nights at Dublin's Croke Park Stadium in July 2015. He invited Kodaline onstage to perform their song All I Want with him and the band were astonished by the audience's response.
"It was probably the biggest kick up the arse we ever got," said band member Mark Prendergast. "Because all these people knew the song. Our song."
- Tickets to see Kodaline on November 10 at The LCR, UEA are available for £29.50 advance from the UEA Ticket Bookings website