Keeping Norwich kids entertained in half term
It's half term and what to do with the children? You could, says Sarah Hardy, treat them to meal out at a leading Norwich restaurant or recreate some of the funky recipes at home thanks to its fab new cook book!
Giraffe strode on to the Norwich restaurant scene last year and proved a great hit with young families who love its mix and match approach to food. Children rank high on the chain's list of prioriries resulting in colourful dishes that take their inspiration from around the world.
While many love tucking into meals at the trendy cafe in Norwich's Chapelfield Plain, a new cook book is about to be launched with many favourite recipes included so you have a go at producing some of them yourself. They all celebrate the restaurant's diverse yet healthy menu which has everything from stir fries to pizza. How does stacked banana and blueberry pancakes sound? Or what about sticky jerk BBQ chicken drumsticks and ceviche salad Miami style? Mouth watering yet? And that's before we mentioned any of the puddings which are really yummy!
Everything is very easy and accessible, with clear instructions and lots of tempting photographs to help you.
And it is certainly a book that you and your children could work your way through, developing and extending your culinary range and having fun at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
The Giraffe Family Cookbook by Hugo Arnold is published by Weidenfeld and Nicolson on October 29 and costs �14.99.
Giraffe is at Chapelfield Plain, Norwich, tel 01603 662060. It opens daily – and has a great kids' menu, too!
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 4 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 5 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 6 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 7 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 8 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action