Keane to headline Thetford
Simon ParkinKeane are the latest act to be announced as a headliner for next year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest. The indie rockers will appear on June 10.Simon Parkin
Keane are the latest act to be announced as a headliner for next year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.
The indie rockers will appear at the High Lodge venue on June 10, one of six concerts planned next summer for the Forestry Commission run woodland setting.
Keane have had three consecutive number one albums in 2004's Hopes and Fears, Under The Iron Sea, released in 2006, and last year's Perfect Symmetry, garnering Brit Awards, Grammys and Ivor Novello Awards.
Their collection of hits including Everybody's Changing, Is It Any Wonder?, Crystal Ball, Somewhere Only We Know and Spiralling, has secured Keane's place as one of Britain's best-loved bands.
You may also want to watch:
As well as selling an impressive 10 million albums the band's live reputation is marked by their huge sold out arena tours and critical acclaim.
The band will in total be playing six forest concert around the UK, starting at Thetford on June 10 and ending at Cannock Chase Forest, in Staffordshire, on June 26.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
Money generated by Forestry Commission's Live Music ticket sales is spent directly on the nation's woodlands, benefiting everything from butterflies to mountain bikers.
Simply Red has already been confirmed as an act to play at High Lodge on June 11.
t Tickets, costing �32.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on December 4, 01842 814612, www.forestry.gov.uk/music