Keane to headline Thetford
Simon ParkinKeane are the latest act to be announced as a headliner for next year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest. The indie rockers will appear on June 10.Simon Parkin
Keane are the latest act to be announced as a headliner for next year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.
The indie rockers will appear at the High Lodge venue on June 10, one of six concerts planned next summer for the Forestry Commission run woodland setting.
Keane have had three consecutive number one albums in 2004's Hopes and Fears, Under The Iron Sea, released in 2006, and last year's Perfect Symmetry, garnering Brit Awards, Grammys and Ivor Novello Awards.
Their collection of hits including Everybody's Changing, Is It Any Wonder?, Crystal Ball, Somewhere Only We Know and Spiralling, has secured Keane's place as one of Britain's best-loved bands.
You may also want to watch:
As well as selling an impressive 10 million albums the band's live reputation is marked by their huge sold out arena tours and critical acclaim.
The band will in total be playing six forest concert around the UK, starting at Thetford on June 10 and ending at Cannock Chase Forest, in Staffordshire, on June 26.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 6 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
Money generated by Forestry Commission's Live Music ticket sales is spent directly on the nation's woodlands, benefiting everything from butterflies to mountain bikers.
Simply Red has already been confirmed as an act to play at High Lodge on June 11.
t Tickets, costing �32.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on December 4, 01842 814612, www.forestry.gov.uk/music