Katie Melua names Thetford Forest date
Jon WelchBest-selling singer-songwriter Katie Melua has announced a date at Thetford Forest this summer.The Georgian-born star will perform on Saturday, July 10 as part of Forestry Commission Live Music.Jon Welch
Best-selling singer-songwriter Katie Melua has announced a date at Thetford Forest this summer.
The Georgian-born star will perform on Saturday, July 10 as part of Forestry Commission Live Music.
With combined sales of nearly 10 million for her first three albums Call Off The Search, Piece By Piece and Pictures, the 25-year-old was one of the greatest musical success stories of the last decade.
Now, having spent 2009 writing songs for her fourth studio album, for which she teamed up with Guy Chambers, perhaps best known for Robbie Williams' Angels and Millennium, she is currently in the studio finishing the record with producer William Orbit, who produced Madonna's award-winning album Ray of Light.
Orbit has been running a commentary of the studio sessions on Twitter and Facebook, saying: 'This is shaping up to be one of the finest things I've ever been involved with. I am hearing what can only be described as magic.'
The as-yet-untitled album will be released in May.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 5 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 6 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 7 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 8 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 9 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 10 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
Gates open for the Thetford Forest date at 6pm. Tickets, priced �33, will go on sale at 9am on Friday at the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612 or via www.forestry.gov.uk/music