Ju-Jitsu day to fund raise for former model Kerri Parker
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A ju-jitsu event is being held to raise money for a former Norwich model who has brain cancer.
On June 1 a charity kickabout collaboration by the Norwich World Ju-Jitsu Federation will help fund Kerri Parker's treatment costs.
Event organisers are looking for sponsorships or donations in order to assist fundraising efforts.
Junior and senior sessions will be run on the day, with demonstrations by guest instructors, at the Norman Centre, Mile Cross.
Boba Fett and other film stars will be in attendance, along with face painting, tombola, and refreshments.
Kerri, 34, was diagnosed with the disease in 2013.
Two years later she was given the all-clear.
- 1 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 2 Winter Wonderland in Norwich park cancelled – but may move elsewhere
- 3 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 'Dude, where's my car?!' City girl's new Fiesta vanishes
- 6 City restaurant offers free Christmas meals to 'anyone that needs it'
- 7 Parcel thief in for a shock after nabbing mystery package from city home
- 8 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 Builders' plea: Don't do this DIY this Christmas!
However, doctors have told her the tumour cannot be treated surgically. She is now considering therapy in the USA, where tumours can be targeted with radiation that does not harm the healthy parts of the brain.
For more information contact Lori Palmer on 07946 483463 or Lori440@hotmail.com.