Jongleurs heads to Norwich nightclub in the new year
A national comedy club chain is set to bring laughs and giggles to a refurbished city nightclub in the new year.
As reported in the Evening News last week, Jongleurs is set to open a franchise in Norwich as part of the company's �2m expansion plans.
It has now been confirmed that the live comedy chain will run a franchise at the new super-club Project, which is set to open in the former Lava/Ignite building at Riverside.
Jongleurs, which already has clubs in London's Convent Garden, Hammersmith, Croydon, Portsmouth and Glasgow, will be at Project every Saturday night from January 29.
It is hoped by tapping into Norwich for the first time, the company will help unearth some comedy talent in the region, as well as bring comedians from all over the country to the city.
You may also want to watch:
Founder Maria Kempinska, who first invented the concept of high-street comedy clubs in 1983, said: 'We're really looking forward to opening in Norwich; it will be brilliant.
'We have never tapped into Norwich or East Anglia for comedy before and there must be many aspiring comedians there waiting to be uncovered.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
Over the years, Jongleurs has helped hone the talents of a wide range of comedians, including Stephen Fry, Eddie Izzard and Rory Bremner.
The company is working in partnership with Luminar, the nightclub operator, and will host pre-nightclub comedy nights at 8pm.
Ms Kempinska added: 'I hope the people of Norwich will absolutely love it.
'There will be something for everybody so come out and have a laugh and a party.'
Project will open in December, replacing Lava/Ignite, which has been shut since 2007. The new venue will have two main rooms, exclusive VIP area, chill out bar, purpose built stage for live entertainment, state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems and dedicated karaoke booths.
Do you know have a story? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org