Jongleurs heads to Norwich nightclub in the new year
A national comedy club chain is set to bring laughs and giggles to a refurbished city nightclub in the new year.
As reported in the Evening News last week, Jongleurs is set to open a franchise in Norwich as part of the company's �2m expansion plans.
It has now been confirmed that the live comedy chain will run a franchise at the new super-club Project, which is set to open in the former Lava/Ignite building at Riverside.
Jongleurs, which already has clubs in London's Convent Garden, Hammersmith, Croydon, Portsmouth and Glasgow, will be at Project every Saturday night from January 29.
It is hoped by tapping into Norwich for the first time, the company will help unearth some comedy talent in the region, as well as bring comedians from all over the country to the city.
You may also want to watch:
Founder Maria Kempinska, who first invented the concept of high-street comedy clubs in 1983, said: 'We're really looking forward to opening in Norwich; it will be brilliant.
'We have never tapped into Norwich or East Anglia for comedy before and there must be many aspiring comedians there waiting to be uncovered.'
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
Over the years, Jongleurs has helped hone the talents of a wide range of comedians, including Stephen Fry, Eddie Izzard and Rory Bremner.
The company is working in partnership with Luminar, the nightclub operator, and will host pre-nightclub comedy nights at 8pm.
Ms Kempinska added: 'I hope the people of Norwich will absolutely love it.
'There will be something for everybody so come out and have a laugh and a party.'
Project will open in December, replacing Lava/Ignite, which has been shut since 2007. The new venue will have two main rooms, exclusive VIP area, chill out bar, purpose built stage for live entertainment, state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems and dedicated karaoke booths.
Do you know have a story? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com