Jongleurs heads to Norwich nightclub in the new year
A national comedy club chain is set to bring laughs and giggles to a refurbished city nightclub in the new year.
As reported in the Evening News last week, Jongleurs is set to open a franchise in Norwich as part of the company's �2m expansion plans.
It has now been confirmed that the live comedy chain will run a franchise at the new super-club Project, which is set to open in the former Lava/Ignite building at Riverside.
Jongleurs, which already has clubs in London's Convent Garden, Hammersmith, Croydon, Portsmouth and Glasgow, will be at Project every Saturday night from January 29.
It is hoped by tapping into Norwich for the first time, the company will help unearth some comedy talent in the region, as well as bring comedians from all over the country to the city.
You may also want to watch:
Founder Maria Kempinska, who first invented the concept of high-street comedy clubs in 1983, said: 'We're really looking forward to opening in Norwich; it will be brilliant.
'We have never tapped into Norwich or East Anglia for comedy before and there must be many aspiring comedians there waiting to be uncovered.'
- 1 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 10 Police issue urgent appeal for witnesses after sexual assault in Norwich
Over the years, Jongleurs has helped hone the talents of a wide range of comedians, including Stephen Fry, Eddie Izzard and Rory Bremner.
The company is working in partnership with Luminar, the nightclub operator, and will host pre-nightclub comedy nights at 8pm.
Ms Kempinska added: 'I hope the people of Norwich will absolutely love it.
'There will be something for everybody so come out and have a laugh and a party.'
Project will open in December, replacing Lava/Ignite, which has been shut since 2007. The new venue will have two main rooms, exclusive VIP area, chill out bar, purpose built stage for live entertainment, state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems and dedicated karaoke booths.
Do you know have a story? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com