Join us for the Evening News Carols at Christmas service
The Evening News will be spreading some seasonal magic by hosting a Carols at Christmas service in December.
You can escape the commercial pressures and take time out to remember the real meaning of Christmas by joining us in some traditional carol singing in one of the city's most striking buildings.
You will be able to sing carols and celebrate Christmas at St Peter Mancroft Church in Norwich city centre against a backdrop of festive twinkling lights – in aid of the Mancroft Advice Project (Map).
The service will include readings from Evening News staff and Canon Peter Nokes, vicar of St Peter Mancroft.
The evening of carols, under the flickering glow of candles, will include Silent Night and We Three Kings.
Canon Nokes said he was delighted to be hosting the concert and the Evening News had many similarities with the church.
'We are both in the business of communication. We are both in the business of supporting the communities in which we live and work and we both convey good news.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 6 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
'I am delighted we will both be joining together to celebrate the good news of Christmas and we look forward to welcoming the good people of Norwich and Norfolk.'
Evening News editor Nigel Pickover said: 'We have decided to support Map, a very special charity which is in urgent need of funding.
'The Evening News historically had a carol concert which died out but now we are bringing it back with a vengeance.
'We are making it a part of the Christmas calendar in Norwich.
'We want to hold a Christmas celebration in Norwich and raise money for a worthwhile project and we look forward to welcoming you all.'
Tickets cost �5 and the proceeds will be donated to Map, an organisation which offers advice and guidance to young people.
The Evening News Carols at Christmas service will take place on Wednesday, December 12. Doors open at 6pm with the service beginning at 7pm. Tickets will be available from Monday, October 29. To buy tickets, visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop visit the Evening News office, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich or call 01603 772175.