Join the interior tribe for autumn
The eclectic patterns of summer interiors are pushed into autumn as tribal chic gets cooler for your home, says Emma Harrowing.
Tribal style is usually a summer look, but now it seems that the jungle drums are beginning to sound over Norwich as tribal chic for your home brings a new phase to autumn.
The key to this look is to make your home look like it is full of finds from around the world. There are many places in Norwich that sell ethnic inspired pieces, such as Country and Eastern on Bethel Street, and with tribal becoming a trend for the home this autumn and winter there will soon be more worldly accessories in the shops.
Get the look by mixing stripes with boucle and check and floral prints to bring an eclectic look to your home. Use a colour palette of rich reds, oranges, browns, greys, creams and a touch of mustard to create an oriental look, and find ethnic-looking accessories such as carved wooden photo frames, a big oriental rug, a woven throw or cushions in different colours and patterns for added detail.
The look is perfect for getting cosy when the nights start drawing in and the weather gets cooler.
You may also want to watch:
Check out our top tribal inspired interior picks by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey