Only Fools and Horses star cancels Norwich show due to cancer battle
- Credit: Archant
Only Fools and Horses star John Challis, who played car dealer Boycie in the hit sitcom, has cancelled his UK tour due to a secret two-year battle with cancer.
The actor was due to perform at the Norwich Arts Centre in St Benedicts Street on Wednesday, October 6.
He was only able to complete the first night of his 30-date speaking tour, which was at the Stourport Civic Centre in Worcestershire last Friday.
A statement on the website of venue Komedia Bath, where he was due to perform this Friday, said: “Due to ill health, John Challis’s tour is cancelled with immediate effect.
"John received a cancer diagnosis two years hence and is not fit to perform.
"He completed the first show of his present tour, intending to continue.
"However, he has been advised to cancel further engagements.”
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
In the 90-minute show, he was set to share stories and anecdotes from his career, including behind-the-scenes secrets from the Only Fools and Horses set.